Terms and Conditions
“The Good Wardrobe”, “us”, “our” or “we” shall mean The Good Wardrobe Ltd.
“You” refers to the user of the website and / or our services
“Writing” shall mean communication by letter, fax or email
The material available on this website is designed to provide general information only, and does not constitute professional advice. It is subject to change without notice. On occasion the website may be down for maintenance and we do not guarantee access at all times. Neither we, The Good Wardrobe Ltd, nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, performance, completeness or suitability of the information or materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. The Good Wardrobe expressly excludes any liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We do not claim that every business, service or product we feature on this website is ethical, sustainable or environmentally friendly. We therefore encourage you to carry out necessary research as to the suitability of a product or service before making a purchase.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and may not be reused, copied, reproduced, adapted, repurposed, published, disseminated or in any other way used without the prior permission in writing from The Good Wardrobe Ltd. The material includes, but is not limited to, the code, design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and artwork, or any content we consider our intellectual property. Unauthorised use of this material may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
4. Third Party Websites
5. General community guidelines
• The Good Wardrobe has been created to enable you to share with others and to highlight projects that are in line with our Manifesto. In that spirit please respect our ethos and other community members when you post a comment, forum thread or review. Friendly constructive feedback is welcomed, rudeness is not.
• You agree not to post anything illegal, offensive, libellous, slanderous, vulgar or obscene. That goes for both the written word and profile photos.
• The forum has been created for people to ask advice, not to promote their projects or business. If we have reason to believe posts, comments or reviews are merely to promote your business or project, the post may be edited, removed or unpublished. For example, if a member posts a forum thread asking where they can buy jeans that are made in the UK and a business posts a reply recommending their brand of jeans which are not produced in the UK (and do not demonstrate their ethical credentials) we reserve the right to delete the comment.
• Keep it relevant please - if you post anything that is irrelevant to the site, whether spam or otherwise, we reserve the right to remove or edit your post. If you are unsure which topics this site covers, please look at our manifesto and directory to see what we cover on the site.
• If you post anything on the site that we feel is inappropriate and does not adhere to these guidelines, we reserve the right to edit or delete your post, profile or profile picture without notice.
• This is a community website that we curate, but do not moderate. If you feel something that someone has posted is inappropriate and does not adhere to these guidelines, please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• We reserve right to remove any content or user, without notice for any reason.
6. Registering as a community member
• Please use your real name when you create your profile (as this creates trust) or a recognisable word/s which is relevant to what you do or know about. ‘Darning Demon’ or ‘MadeInTheUK’ for example are fine, but profile names that include lots of numbers or are unintelligible like ‘Whakko360’ or ‘F1ippxxx99’ will make us think you are spammers and make other members suspicious of your motives.
• We are happy for members to register with their business name (in fact we encourage it as it is more transparent) and to reference their own business on occasion when offering advice on the forum as long as it is relevant (i.e helpful) to the original post.
7. About our advertising and directory listings
• Advertising helps us to keep the site free for you to use. Our website contains links to other websites from which we may earn revenue. Any 'sponsored feature', 'advertisement feature', 'sponsored content', or similar will be clearly labelled as such.
• We accept advertising and directory listings according to our criteria. We may not check the credentials of each, but base our decision to include them on this site on one or more of the following: claims made by them in an email to us or in person, claims made in marketing materials such as their website, press release or brochure, or claims made on our advertising form. We may however ask for further evidence if we are not satisfied that they fulfil our criteria.
• If we discover any information previously provided to be false, we may remove an advert or directory listing without notice
• We reserve the right to decline advertising or not to accept a paid or unpaid directory listing if the brand, product or service does not fulfil our criteria.
• Prices quoted on the website for professional services are for illustrative purposes only, and do not form a binding form of offer or contract in any way whatsoever.
• Adverts and directory listing will not go live on the site until payment has been cleared. Payment must be made within 14 days of the invoice.