This privacy statement covers the website www.thegoodwardrobe.com. By using our website you agree to the collection and use of information by The Good Wardrobe Ltd as described below.
The Data Controller for this website is The Good Wardrobe Ltd, which also manages the website.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform users of the website about:
- What information is collected about them when they visit this site
- How this information is used
- Whether this information is disclosed and in what circumstances
- The ways in which we protect users' privacy.
Information confidentiality and security
Your email address and any other details about you will not be disclosed or passed on to third parties, unless you grant us your permission, or in exceptional circumstances in which such disclosure is required by a lawful government request or to comply with the demands of the law or to protect the security of the website and/or other users of the website against a specific threat or issue.
Information we collect from visitors
We collect several kinds of information about our users. The data is never passed to third parties without your permission, and only then to carefully chosen organisations. Any data we collect is used by The Good Wardrobe Ltd for the following reasons:
- To ensure that we are offering the community, customers and potential customers the best service that we can, and where relevant at competitive prices.
- To provide services unique to our community and in some cases, individual users or businesses, for example those wishing to be listed in our directory.
- To sell advertising / advertorials on the site
- If we have permission from the user, to market services or products to them.
We collect information on you:
- when you register we will collect your email address and other personal data as supplied by you
- when you use the website
- through cookies
- if you choose to reveal information in forum posts, comments and reviews
- when you enter competitions
- when you sign up to our mailing list
When you register you will have the option to subscribe to our mailing list. You will only be added to that list if you subscribe. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to 'unsubscribe'.
If you are submitting your details via our form to be considered for a directory listing, there is certain information you will need to supply, such as your contact details and ethical policies. You will also be asked for your name and phone number. If these, or any other details you submit, are your personal details, as opposed to that of your business (and you therefore do not wish them to be listed on the website), you must make that clear in your application form by writing 'NOT PUBLIC' to the right of your name and / or details. If we do select your business for the directory we will only list your business address if you are a shop or 'bricks and mortar' business.
Updating your personal information
Once you have registered on the website you can update your personal information at any time, and change your newsletter preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the site – simply click on the 'Your Profile' link at the top of the screen when you are logged in (next to the keyhole icon).
Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organisations we have chosen carefully.
For more information on how other organisations use information they collect, please read their privacy policies.
Legal information and how to contact us
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To this end, we deploy reasonable steps to secure your data, and will continue to do so as new answers to new threats become available.
You have a right to request a copy of your personal details at any time to check the accuracy of the information held. If you wish to do this, please write to:
The Data Controller
The Good Wardrobe Ltd
13 Conyers Road
London SW16 6LP